Executive Accomplishments Under President Trump
- EPA Administrator, Scott Pruitt, signed a proposed rule withdrawing from the Obama Clean Power Plan. RNC Chairwoman, Romney McDaniel, said, "This plan was nothing more than a power grab by the EPA to impose more regulations that would ultimately devastate America's electricity industry, raise prices on consumers, and wreak havoc on our economy."
- President Trump is pulling the U.S. out of a UN Agency (UNESCO) that advocates for abortion, homosexuality, and radical sex education for young children.
- The President's Executive Order relative to the ACA (Obamacare):
- Facilitates the purchase of insurance across state lines
- Expands AHPs (Associated Health Plans) to small businesses allowing them to group together to self-insure or purchase large group health insurance
- Offers STLDI (short term, limited duration insurance) plans which will exempt from the expensive mandates and regulations under the ACA
- Allows HRAs (Health Reimbursement Arrangements) for employers to provide more flexibility and choices regarding health care to their employees
- Allows for the delay of "the implementation of any provision or requirement of the act that would impose a fiscal burden on individuals, families, health care providers,.."
- President Trump does not certify Iran's compliance of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action thereby returning the decision to reimpose sanctions on Iran back to Congress where it belongs. Congress must now amend its own legislation so that Iranian infringements of the deal and potentially other actions outside the scope of the agreement would trigger imposing sanctions on Iran
Be sure to check regularly for more accomplishments under President Trump!